This is how I feel... BLAH...
Surprise Surprise I have medical issues... Whats new right?!?! One good thing about this doctor is she actually gives me answers!!!
So I know in a Recent Post I wrote about my medical issues and how I hadn't had a period since November 2nd But I swore I wasn't Pregnant... Well guess what... IM NOT... HAHAHA! So I decided to finally got to a gynecologist, to figure out why I haven't had periods and Why i have so much Pelvic Pain... I was dead set that she wasn't going to find anything...
Well All she pretty much did was talk to me cause I brought in ALL off my past pap smear, ultra sound, Pelvic exam, blood work stuff... so she didn't have much else to look at... so we talked and she decided I had PCOS... I was like Great, What the crap is that... Well she told me to do research and read about it:
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which there is an imbalance of a woman's female sex hormones. This hormone imbalance may cause changes in the menstrual cycle, skin changes, small cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, and other problems.
So ya, thats just loads of fun... and well she decided to do blood work to see if it was indeed PCOS, even though she said all your blood work can be normal and you still have it... oh and she also decided to do another ultra sound. She concluded that I had PCOS because the symptoms matched:
And supposedly when they burn those growth off its supposed to make the pain less.. It doesn't fully reverse the problem. So I am hoping this is the problem and she can fix it. I have perkiset until I have my surgery... So thats what is going with me medically wise, so not fun!
Well All she pretty much did was talk to me cause I brought in ALL off my past pap smear, ultra sound, Pelvic exam, blood work stuff... so she didn't have much else to look at... so we talked and she decided I had PCOS... I was like Great, What the crap is that... Well she told me to do research and read about it:
Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition in which there is an imbalance of a woman's female sex hormones. This hormone imbalance may cause changes in the menstrual cycle, skin changes, small cysts in the ovaries, trouble getting pregnant, and other problems.
So ya, thats just loads of fun... and well she decided to do blood work to see if it was indeed PCOS, even though she said all your blood work can be normal and you still have it... oh and she also decided to do another ultra sound. She concluded that I had PCOS because the symptoms matched:
Changes in the menstrual cycle:
Absent periods, usually with a history of having one or more normal menstrual periods during puberty (secondary amenorrhea
Irregular menstrual periods, which may be more or less frequent, and may range from very light to very heavy
This was really the only Symptom I had... She also told us that when we want a baby we will probably have to use Fertility meds... But until then i should be on birth control so that I have periods... Well The blood tests came back and everything was normal except that my good cholesterol was 34 when it should me 47... So I am working hard on eating whole grains and fiber, to try to raise that...
The other test they did was an Ultra sound and along with a uterus tilted back they found this:
I had so many little cysts in my ovaries, confirming PCOS.. but they said this shouldn't be causing the pelvic pain. so the doctor said for the pelvic pain I could use Birth Control. So that was the end of that... But as the days went on and I hadn't taken my birth control I started thinking, And I didnt really want to take birth control because the first month made me so sick... and I didnt understant why I needed to take it... then randomly a period came... on March 2nd!! yay only 3 months late... anyways my pelvic pain was unbearable and now instead of being a random pain that comes every once in a while it is a contstant stinging aching pain... All I could think was I cant handle this and there is no way birth control is going to fix it... So what did we do, we went back to the doctor!
After talking with her she decided that I had endometriosis:
Endometriosis is a condition in which the tissue that behaves like the cells lining the uterus (endometrium) grows in other areas of the body, causing pain, irregular bleeding, and possible infertility.
The tissue growth (implant) typically occurs in the pelvic area, outside of the uterus, on the ovaries, bowel, rectum, bladder, and the delicate lining of the pelvis. However, the implants can occur in other areas of the body, too.
She concluded this because of my symptoms:
Pain is the main symptom for women with endometriosis. This can include:
- Painful periods
- Pain in the lower abdomen or pelvic cramps that can be felt for a week or two before menstruation
- Pain in the lower abdomen felt during menstruation (the pain and cramps may be steady and dull or severe)
- Pain during or following sexual intercourse
- Pain with bowel movements
- Pelvic or low back pain that may occur at any time during the menstrual cycle
So we talked about what we wanted to do etc etc. and we concluded on surgery... yes surgery... I am very scared. But supposedly it is a small surgery, one day, and should heal fairly fast. Pretty much when they go in there supposed to find this:
And supposedly when they burn those growth off its supposed to make the pain less.. It doesn't fully reverse the problem. So I am hoping this is the problem and she can fix it. I have perkiset until I have my surgery... So thats what is going with me medically wise, so not fun!



No comments:
Post a Comment